Candle Care

Candle Safety
  • Keep candles and other flammables away from pets and children.
  • Burn your candle on a heat resistant surface, away from drafts.
  • Never leave a burning candle unattended.
  • Put the lid back onto the candle for a safe extinguish.
  • Don’t let a candle burn too low. Burning a candle when there is less than 1/2 inch wax in the jar can cause possible heat damage to your surfaces.
  • To prevent jars from getting too hot, we only recommend letting them burn for 4 hours at time.
Get The Most From Your Candles
  • Always trim the wick between 1/8 and 1/4 inch before burning.
  • Make sure your candle is cooled and room temperature before cutting the wick.
  • We recommend cutting it every 4 hours of burn time.
  • To avoid memory rings, let the candle burn until the entire top layer is liquefied. This will allow the candle to melt edge to edge and prevent the inner ring when cooling.
  • Because fragrance and essential oils are sensitive to temperature and light, we recommend storing unused candles in cool, dry places away from direct sunlight.
Frequent Candle Questions
  • Why do my candles have white ‘frosting’ at the top?  Are they bad?
    • No, this is a completely natural occurrence especially with soy wax candles.  Frosting is caused by tiny white crystals that can occur with soy wax.  The candle burn remains completely the same and often times you don’t see frosting once you’ve burned the top layer of the candle away.
  • Why do my candles/wax melts sometimes have bumps in them?
    • Soy is a more natural substance and within nature that can be some imperfections.  The dips or bumps in the surface are often the way the soy settles once the candle is poured.  Often times, the first candle burn settles the wax down.

If you have any questions about candle safety and usage, please contact us!