We’ve been working hard to get our new items together before the Black Friday rush. This week we have two ‘always blends and four limited edition blends. (Always blends are scents that will remain in stock until future notice.)
- Screaming Firehawks (The Expanse) – bourbon, cinnamon and orange
- Blueberry TART-is (Doctor Who) – blueberry and banana tart
Seasonal Blends (will return next year):
- What’s This? (Nightmare Before Christmas) – mistletoe
- Denim Wrapped Nightmares (Supernatural) – cedar, clove, rosewood, amber and vetiver
- Raised From Perdition (Supernatural) – frankincense and myrrh
Limited Edition (will retire permanently Jan 31)
- Dr. Jones (Indiana Jones/Doctor Who) – leather saffron thyme amberwood
For your convenience, our Black Friday sale will run from 11/23 to 11/26. That way it doesn’t matter what day you decide to do your online shopping!
Our coupon codes will be:
- 5NERDS – $5 off $25
- 10NERDS – $10 off $50
- 15NERDS – $15 off $75
- SHIPNERDS – Free Shipping on U.S. Orders over $100
Discount codes can be used on ALL items except for gift card purchases and mystery bags & mystery scent boxes. The mystery boxes are always discounted heavily so we cannot offer any further discount on them.
Current creation time on most items is 1-2 weeks.
If you have any questions, please let us know and happy shopping.
We hope you all have a beautiful Thanksgiving and send you thoughts of kindness and joy. We love you all.
Amanda & Co.
It’s that wonderful time of year! I wanted to give you a clear run down in one place of our holiday events and deadlines.
- November 23rd – We will have candle & tea sets available at Grimoire Tea for Black Friday weekend! Many will be exclusive candles.
- November 23rd – 26th – Black Friday Sale!
- December 1 – Mystery Box sale! All of our left over convention mystery boxes will be up for sale in our Insiders Group. Many have exclusive items that you can’t get our website. Themes will include Supernatural, Harry Potter, Doctor Who and more.
- November 9th – Last day for International shipping. **We cannot guarantee Christmas delivery at this point. International packages can take anywhere from 10-45 days especially through the holidays.**
- November 20th – The last day to sign up for the Christmas Films sub box for the subscriber discount. Extra boxes will be released in our Insiders group for regular price.
- December 1st-5th – These are the last days we recommend purchasing in the US for holiday delivery. Orders take 1-2 weeks to be created and shipped (unless we have the items on hand). We do our best to have your items shipped as quickly as quality will allow us.
Product Retirement Dates
- Winter Sampler will retire on 11/30
- The following seasonal blends will retire on November 30th but will return next year:
- The following limited editions will retire permanently on November 30th:
It’s the worst! What’s the worst (you may ask)? RETIREMENT! I hate retiring scents because I love all the things; however, we must. I literally have a closet full of scent oils and it has no room to carry inventory all year round. October 31st will see the beginning of our retirement cycle for blends before we fully move into the new seasonal schedule.
To make it easy for you, here is a list of all the limited edition, seasonal and retiring blends that will be archived on the website. I will note which blends return next year. HEADS UP!! If you see a candle on the limited edition/retiring list that you absolutely LOVE, here are two things: 1. Use code RETIREOCTOBER for 15% off any retiring blend (good until 10/31) AND join our Insiders group because Insiders will vote on blends to return in January. I will tell you another secret, though. If you keep a note of your ingredients, you can recreate some of our retiring blends on our Custom Blend listing.
Limited Edition Retiring:
Seasonal Blends Retiring (will return next year in the Spring or Summer):
Final Sales, Retiring For Good:
Guys! I know you hate to leave wax in your jar as much as I do. Sadly, for a candle to be a safe burn (especially with a thicker wood wick) it must be finished around 1/2 – 1″ near the bottom of the jar. This prevents damage to counter tops and fire hazards. BUT there are solutions!
A few weeks ago, I posted showing how to dig your wax out of a jar and use it in wax melt warmers. That is a solution that I regularly use since I use a melt warmer every night in my bedroom. More scents for me.(You better believe I’m digging every bit of Lord & Lady of the Night out of it’s jar.) Not everybody has a warmer so that solution might not be for you.
While shopping at Michael’s a few days ago, I remembered to snag an item that I always forget that I need. A CANDLE WARMER! Seriously, guys. This will solve those wax problems. It cost me less than $5 (since it was the only regular priced item I had to use their coupon on) and it has been perfect for doing two things:
- Releasing the scent at the bottom of a finished candle. (MUST GET ALL THE GOODNESS)
- Leaving the glitter in place! That’s right: you can keep all your candle sparkles. In the picture, I am warming my giant Scout Collection jar. I know that many don’t want to burn the candle because it’s so pretty and has Scout art. Use a warmer! I have had no problems getting a good scent release and the glitter has stayed to the sides. You may get a little swirling around the middle of the candle; however, that looks pretty cool when the wax is liquifying. I did notice that the scent sometimes takes a little longer to release compared to burning a candle but that is to be expected. The jar has essentially become a giant wax melt and you have to wait for the heating point longer.
You can find a candle warmer at most of your stores like Target, Walmart, etc. So go forth and make your smellies SMELL.
When I started making lip balm four years ago, I never dreamed that it would be the taking off point for something special. Never would I have believed you if you told me that what started off as a way to satiate my lip balm addiction (and need for a more natural product… and a need for another way to show off fandom love) would develop into me making shimmer sprays and candles. Our scent line started out as eight blends (of which only Tea with the Doctor remains) and now we’re pushing towards 200 blends and 7 scented product lines. It’s amazing and I appreciate every single one of you.
The draw back to having such a large inventory is that it is very difficult for me to manage and to keep costs low. With all of the unique blends and variations, almost every order is a custom order. It also gets costly to keep up the inventory all year long. I want to be able to deliver you the best product that I can while keeping a fair price (of course). That all being said, I’ve decided to start changing much of our inventory to a seasonal rotation or limited editions. So here’s the plan!
- Always blends: These blends will be available all year long until we decide to retire them.
- Seasonal blends: These blends will pop up for Summer, Spring, Winter or Fall only.
- Limited Edition blends: These blends will only be made for a select run. Examples: We may run 3-4 limited blends each month based on the 42 Monthly theme or blends may run for a limited time in special events.
- Retired blends: Once a blend is no longer made, it will be removed from the shop as retired. We will run polls in our Insiders group on Facebook every so often to have customers vote on a retired blend to bring back. Retired doesn’t always have to mean gone forever.
- Conventions: As you know, we travel to a lot of themed conventions (Supernatural, Harry Potter, etc). At these shows, we will bring many of the blends that fit the theme. So at Supernatural, you can get the Lumbering Piles of Flannel at the event all year; however, you can only purchase it online during our winter season.
Thanks for all of your support and I wish you all the best,
-Amanda & Co.
Current Seasonal Scent Schedule:
- Autumn Blends (available Aug-Oct)
- Charming Serpent
- Endless Wonder
- Of Course She Likes Ghostbusters
- Salt & Burn
- The Upside Down
- Undesirable No 1
- Wayward Sheriff
- What the Cuss
- You Betcha
- Winter Blends (available Nov – Jan)
- Just One Bite
- Asgard’s Finest Mead
- The Dark One
- Hello Brother
- Little Brother
- Lumbering Piles of Flannel
- Phoenix Feathers
- Snow Queen
- Sweet Christmas
- The Babysitter
- Winter Is Coming
- Winter Soldier
- Spring Blend (available Feb – April)
- Defying Gravity
- Mommy Dearest
- Queen of Moons
- Spring Court Spy
- Bad Wolf
- True Loves Kiss
- Vampire Kiss
- Summer Blends (available May – July)
- Cisco Ramon
- Death 2.0
- Hello Boys
- Magical Girl
- Psych You Out
- Wizarding Candies
Any seasonal blends that are in our current stock (as of 8/21/18) will retire by 8/31/18 until their season starts!
Current Limited Edition Scent Schedule:
- A 10 is Speaking
- Baby Cas
- Candle Who Should Not Be Named
- Ickle Ronnikins
- Just As Sane As You Are
- Pegasus Wind
- Philosopher’s Stone
- Thanks for the Suit
- Your Mother Was a Hamster
Any limited edition blends that are in our current stock (as of 8/21/18) will retire on 10/31/18 or when supplies run out.
Current Retiring Schedule:
- A Signature Look
- Captain Tight Pants
- Charming Disposition
- Deal with Rumple
- Dessert with 10
- Evil Queen’s Lament
- Femme Fatale
- I Don’t Understand That Reference
- Freeze’s Motivation
- Mr. Pennyworth
- Nevertheless She Persisted
- Pearls and Ice
- Rebel General Princess
- Revenge Is Gonna Be Mine
- Riddle Me This
- Snow White Sleep
- So Get This
- Tea at Pemberley
- The Forgotten Winchester
- The Wayne Fortune
- Wicked Always Wins
Any retiring blends that are in our current stock (as of 8/21/18) will retire when their supplies have run out.
We have added a new loyalty and rewards program for all of our shoppers.
You may ask, “How do I become a member?”. Okay, you might not have asked that but the answer remains the same: you already are! As soon as you create an account on our website, you become a member of our rewards program. No extra steps for you.
Reward points are generated every time you place an order. You receive 1 point for every dollar spent on an item (shipping and taxes not included). Once you accumulate enough points to hit a reward tier, you will be sent an email to claim your reward. Once claimed, rewards are valid for 90 days. You do not have to claim a reward once you hit your tier. As in the picture on the right, there are different point levels. You can skip the 200 level reward and save up for 500. Once you claim a reward, your points are cashed out. To see all reward options, log into your account and click “Loyalty and Rewards” on the dashboard.
Loyalty acts a little different. These points are never cashed out. Every time you place an order, you receive 20 points regardless of dollar amount. When you hit 600 points, you are a Silver Member and can receive 5% off every order placed (cannot be combined with other coupons). Gold Members (1000 points) require 1000 points.
42 Monthly subscribers and anybody we directly invoice will gain points also! Because I have to add points manually, points will be added to your account once a month as long as you have a login at our website. You have to create your login separate from subscribing to the box since subscription management is done through paypal and not our website.
Any cancelled or refunded orders will not count towards points.
Points cannot be refunded. Once cashed out for a coupon, they will not be returned to you.
With safe burning of candles, it will never fail that you have extra candle wax at the bottom of your jars. Our wood wick holders also make sure of that. The metal tabs we use to keep the wood wicks in place are about .5 inches. This allows the candle to stop burning before it can get to the bottom of the jar. Candles melted to the bottom are a potential safety hazard so we like this feature. Of course, it’s not always a 100% fail safe so we always recommend stopping your candle before it gets too low.
The question remains: how do you get the most out of your money? Let’s be real for a moment. You paid for that wax! We want you to be able to use it as well. There are many things you can do but the ones we recommend ourselves are: use a candle warmer to heat up the remainder of the wax until the scent is gone OR make your own wax melts.
Making your own wax melts is fairly easy. All you have to do is cut slits into your wax (we use a butter knife) so that you can scoop it out with a spoon. Those chunks can be used in a wax melt warmer. Here’s a great article as a guide.
Have you discovered any great methods on reusing candle wax? Let us know!
We know a lot of you (or all of you if you ever signed up to any website ever) have been getting emailed about GDPR. These are new laws that impact businesses in the European Union or service customers in the EU. Since we have a few customers in the EU, we are doing our best to make our website GDPR compliant. You will see additional information in our privacy policies along with new opt-in/opt-out/confirmation/deletion features in relation to your data. If you have any questions at any time, please don’t hesitate to contact us!
Over the next few months, you are going to see changes in our candle jar sizing and wicks. What will be new:
- Candle jars will be available in 3 sizes of hexagon jar (pictured right)
- Candle jars will be using enviro friendly wood wicks
The old saying “if it isn’t broke, why fix it?” is a true one; however, there are a few reasons we decided to make the switch. The biggest one is that our current jar style was discontinued by the manufacturer! That factor was of our control; however, we decided to eliminate the square candle tins also. We used to have to purchase all of our containers from two different manufacturers. It is more cost effective for us to purchase all of our styles from one manufacturer. This allows us to pass on savings to you.
We love the addiction of wood wicks. They provide a slower, more even burn to our candles. Another benefit to wood wicks is less black smoke (which we all hate), no trimming (usually) needed, and it’s more environmentally friendly. Plus, wood wicks give off a really cool crackling noise that makes us feel like we’re sitting by the fireplace in Gryffindor Tower. I’d say that’s a win for everybody.
As we phase out old designs, the new ones will pop up in listings. This week the square tins are the first to be removed. We hope to have the hexagon jars in full release by June. You will have the option to purchase candles in the 8.7oz jars (with cotton wicks) until our supplies run low. As of right now, we have about 5 dozen jars left.
It will take us a considerable amount of time to re-photograph our blends to feature new jars and jew labels. Please bear with us as we go through this change. We love the new brand identity that is forming this year and hope you enjoy it too!
-Amanda & Co.